In December 1924, an entry was made in the Log Book to the effect that after Christmas the rate of payment for assistant instructors was to be reduced.
This session saw the introduction of the National Certificate Courses in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, although the National Certificate scheme had actually been started in 1921. People’s College became a contributory centre to the University College for the first year of these courses.
The College continued to flourish in the years leading up to the Second World War and a greater number of students registered for Grouped Courses and entered for examinations conducted by the EIM.E.U.
During the War there was little reduction in the volume of work and special courses were arranged for members of H.M. Forces.