“People’s College Senior Technical Institute was renamed “People’s College of Further Education”.
This session saw the enrolment of almost three times the number of students than in 1945-46.
The timetable for this year included a new full-time G.C.E. course, for which 41 students enrolled. Additional evening courses were provided in Pest Control, Horology, Fire Engineering and Boiler House Practice.
A new laboratory and workshop block at Chesterfield Street was ready for occupation in September 1953, which gave some relief to the accommodation problem, but with the rapid expansion in the work of the College there was still a serious shortageof space to meet existing and future needs of the College.
Plans were approved for the erection of a new College under the shadow of Nottingham Castle between Castle Road and Maid Maria n Way.